- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- Our application is not addressed to anyone under the age of 13 (“children”). As such, we do not knowingly collect any personal information of children.
- Personal data collected within this app may be used for digital analytics.
Types of Data Collected
Why we collect data
On some of our Services we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Mailing Lists & Opt-In Mailing
On some of our services, we offer a periodic email service. For example, our blog updates email service. As such, we collect personal information (Your email address). We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We strictly don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by contacting us using the Contact Us page or by emailing email@example.com.
Assorted Personal Information
Some of our Services require an account to use. These Services may ask for your name, email address, address, date of birth or other personal information. This is to ensure:
- Regulatory compliance (e.g COPPA)
- We are able to contact you in the event of a data breach
- We are able to contact you for essential service notices, such as password resets or system downtime notifications
- We give you a better user experience, and personalise the experience to you
- We can store data belonging to you correctly and safely, and so that you can access such data.
- We are able to provide you access to any of your stored personal data (e.g marketing preferences)
How we store your data
Data storage methods will vary between our services, but personal data may be stored locally on your device or on a Cobalt Grid operated server machine. At all times we seek to take the necessary precautions to safeguard your data. This includes encrypting data sent from us to you and vice versa through methods such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) end-to-end encryption, as well as encrypting information such as passwords at a storage level.
In the event of a data breach, we will ascertain which users, services and data were compromised. Where we hold contact information for an affected user, we will seek to make direct, two-way contact with the user within 7 days of discovery detailing how the breach might affect them and where possible which data was compromised.
Access to your personal data
Under GDPR, you have the right to access and amend any of your personal data that Cobalt Grid holds. For example, this could be data relating to your blog subscription or photos you may have uploaded to our Services. Some of this may be able to be done by utilising a “profile” page, account configuration page or an email opt-out link. You are entitled to view, amend or delete such personal information. You can send your request to us by filling out the form on our Contact Us page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Reviewed: 04/03/2019
Last Changed: 01/10/2018